Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Solutions (DEIS) Certificate Program
The Entrepreneurship Center at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School is proud to work with Rodney Sampson’s OHUB to bring the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Solutions (DEIS) Certificate Program to organizational leaders through Scale School. This one-of-a-kind certificate program is designed as an immersive, six-month engagement to create and integrate solutions that effectively operationalize diversity, equity and inclusion solutions (DEIS) into all key facets of your company. It features a framework of best practices and culturally competent insight to help you identify and implement the actions that will lead to advancing your organization’s market share, economic output and shareholder value while developing your strengths as a transformational leader in your industry and ecosystem.
Each month, participants will engage with nationally known experts to understand how they critically examine key business functions such as board governance, talent, procurement, product development, go-to-market, investment and impact through a lens of equity. You’ll be guided through the process of developing your own DEI strategy by creating a DEIS Canvas that will serve as a visual plan to implement within your company. Throughout the six-month program, you’ll create a roadmap for your organization, start implementing it and get real-time feedback from experts and trusted peers as you execute.
The DEIS Practicum Certificate is different from other diversity and inclusion programming because of its focus on application. At the beginning, each participant will take the Personal Diversity Paradigm created by the late Dr. R. Roosevelt Thomas, Jr., “The Father of Diversity Management.” The Personal Diversity Paradigm (PDP) identifies 4 dominant paradigms (or perspectives) individuals can hold about diversity. Understanding how underlying beliefs about diversity relate to your diversity management goals is a critical step for moving to the next level with diversity and sustaining your organization’s efforts, regardless of where it is in its development process. Throughout the program, participants will develop their DEIS Canvas framed after the Business Model Canvas. At the conclusion, each participant will receive a DEIS Practicum Certificate, will have completed a strategy and solutions document that they can implement in their respective organizations and will have access to the DEIS content as a reference and guide for future use.
This certificate will be helpful if you …
- Are ready to be sacrificial in your racial equity journey, professionally and personally
- Embrace the idea of creating an equitable company and are committed to driving change throughout your organization, but lack the tools and tactics needed to operationalize DEIS in your company and beyond
- Have the ability to direct budget towards operationalizing DEIS across your governance, talent, procurement, product development, go-to-market, investment and impact
- Desire to equitably diversify your board, C-suite and beyond within the next six to 12 months
- Aim to measure how your company is doing on DEIS initiatives, but you’re not sure what metrics you should establish, how to measure progress or and what to monitor
- Would benefit from being able to articulate the economic and financial benefits of building an inclusive organization to your internal and external stakeholders
- Want to build strength as a leader in the area of DEI as a way to drive equity-based impact for your employees, suppliers, customers, investors and communities you serve
After this course, you’ll have …
- Created a roadmap in collaboration with instructors and peer participants to create a more equitable organization in all aspects of your business
- Evolved your knowledge and application of DEI solutions, the value they bring and how to integrate these into the governance, culture and processes in your organization
- Knowledge on how to set baselines and goals around your DEI initiatives, create an ongoing process to measure your progress and adjust as improvements are needed
- Built relationships with other transformational leaders who will support your work as an individual and within your organization in the future
- Taken a giant step towards ensuring that you attract and retain a talented intersectional diverse team that can support your organization as it grows
- Introduction to DEIS Framework and Canvas
- Introduction to Personal Diversity Paradigm
- Corporate Governance and Board
- Human Resources
- Product Development
- Investment, On-and-Off Balance Sheet
- Social and Economic Impact
About the Instructor:
Throughout his twenty year entrepreneurial career, Rodney Sampson has co-founded startup companies that have overcome the odds by collectively raising more than $20 million in angel and venture capital, created hundreds of new jobs and generated tens of millions in revenue before acquisition or going public.
Rodney is the Executive Chairman & CEO of OHUB and OHUB Foundation, the General Partner of 100 Black Angels and Allies Fund and works closely with high growth startups and seed stage venture funds as a selective advisor, investor and limited partner. His current investment and advisory portfolio include Cross Culture Ventures, Leadout Capital, TechSquare Capital, Digit, York Exponential, Plum.io, Patientory and Momentum Learning.
He co-founded, built and sold multiple companies, has written a best-selling book, Kingonomics, and previously served as the first Head of Diversity at Mark Burnett Productions, executive producers of the hit ABC show, ABC’s Sharktank. Rodney is currently a Keohane Distinguished Visiting Professorship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University.
*Save $1,500.00 off the $4,999.00 course fee today*
Go back to our Scale School course calendar.
For the leader who wants to create and operationalize diversity, equity and inclusion solutions (DEIS) into all key facets of their company.