Launch Chapel Hill
Launch Chapel Hill was founded in 2013 in partnership with the University of North Carolina, Town of Chapel Hill, and Orange County. Our mission is to maximize the potential for startups by being a hub for the entrepreneurial ecosystem in downtown Chapel Hill.
Our programs include:
- Startup Accelerator
- Coworking Space
Our traditional 16-week program occurs twice a year: January to May and August to December. Any company may apply to participate in the traditional program. Our student accelerator, a 10-week program that runs May through August, is open to any UNC student-founded company, with eight to 10 companies selected to participate in each cohort.
Companies participating in the accelerator receive:
- Mentorship: Each company has access to our Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs). These entrepreneurial experts have been involved as founders and leaders of multiple start-ups over the course of their careers. They utilize that experience to help provide general guidance and connect teams with resources.
- Learning: We host scheduled programming with experts in various fields such as marketing, legal, and accounting. Companies will also have access to utilize these resources at a preferential or pro bono rate.
- Networking: Companies will have ample opportunity to expand their network by creating relationships–that last well beyond the program–with other companies, visiting executives, and Launch affiliates.
- Demo Day: Demo day, the culmination of the program, enables participating companies to give their three-minute investor pitch to key stakeholders and investors in the startup ecosystem.
- Weekly newsletter
- Free lunch/networking every Friday at 12 noon
- Community programs
- Networking happy hours
- Access to our Slack channel
- Discounts on resource partner services
Launch offers coworking space as a way for startups to join our community. Options range from floating desk space to individual offices that seat up to 10 individuals. Becoming a member of the Launch community includes access to our partner resources for startups, networking events, and other learning opportunities. Member leases, which can be as short as three months, automatically renew. Several alumni of our accelerator program rent in our coworking space after their time in the program as a way to stay connected.
Anyone can join our Launch community to connect with other entrepreneurs. By joining our community, entrepreneurs have access to:
“Launch Chapel Hill has become an X factor in terms of helping innovators and entrepreneurs at Carolina and in the local community go from business concept to breakthrough company.”
Judith Cone, UNC Vice
Chancellor of Innovation