The Innovation Internships Program is an initiative that provides undergraduate and graduate students across campus with paid summer and school-year internship opportunities at high-growth local startups. The program includes:
- Internship Match: After you are accepted to the program, we align your skills and interests with one of the companies in our network.
- Mentorship: During the program, we connect you with mentors to guide you through the internship and help you grow your entrepreneurial mindset.
- Programming & Events: We host events and workshops for the cohort of interns throughout the duration of the internship.
Note that this program has been paused for the 2021-2022 academic year.
How long do the internships last?
Summer internships are full time (40 hours/week) for 10 to12 weeks . School-year internships are part time throughout the semester, based on each student’s schedule.
What companies do the interns work at?
Companies, which change over time, are available in a range of industries and opportunities. After we complete the company selection process, we work with them to develop a plan for a successful internship experience.
How do I get matched at a company?
After getting accepted into the program, you will work with us to determine the role and/or industry you are most interested in. We match you to the company that best fits your skills and interests.
Are these internships paid?
Yes! Pay will vary based on experience and role, but we aim to provide a competitive rate to every student in the program.
How many students will be in my cohort?
Approximately 10 to 15 students.
Will my internship be remote?
Yes, all internships will be remote until the university returns to in-person classes.
Launch Summer Fellowship
Each summer, Launch Chapel Hill invites up to 10 UNC student-led ventures to participate in our 10-week business accelerator to help grow and scale their businesses. The program, which runs from May through August, includes a $5,000 fellowship that students can put towards their business.
Student-led companies participating in the accelerator receive:
- Mentorship: Each company has access to our pool of mentors and Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs). These entrepreneurial experts have been founders and leaders of multiple start-ups over the course of their careers. They utilize that experience to help provide general guidance and connect teams with resources.
- Learning: We host scheduled programming and timely business workshops with experts in fields such as marketing, legal, and accounting. Companies may also utilize these resources at a preferential or pro bono rate.
- Networking: Companies will have ample opportunity to expand their network by creating relationships–which last well beyond the program–with other companies, visiting executives, and Launch affiliates.
EVC Fellowship Summer Internship
The MBA Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club (EVC Club) offer fellowship programs for MBA students interested in pursuing a career as a founder, funder, and/or innovative growth executive. First-year MBA students interested in interning at startups, growth-centric companies, and venture capital firms should reach out to the EVC Club leadership to inquire about the application process and connect with second-year MBA fellowship recipients to learn more about their experience.
Please see our funding page to learn more.